The SEA-PLM programme provides opportunities for national experts who are responsible for implementing learning assessment reforms to benefit from an intense training and capacity development through their participation in SEA-PLM.
Field Operations Planning and Data Management Workshop
The Field Operations Planning and Data Management Workshop took place on 4-7 August 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand and was aiming at providing a regional training to the Technical Teams concerning all technical aspects for the preparation for the field trial of the SEA-PLM. This included the following objectives:
- Training of the country teams specifically in the technical aspects of assessment including standardised field operations, sampling, test administration, and data management.
- Finalisation and agreement on the technical standards of the assessment process.
- Facilitation of the building of a network of test implementation specialists so that they can share ideas and challenges and can propose solutions together.
Participants to the training were the Technical Teams from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao PDR and Myanmar. Additional Field Operations and Data Management Trainings will be organised for the additional countries joining the initiative.
Coder Training Workshop
This regional training is aiming at providing the Technical Teams with a training on the coding process of the data collected from the SEA-PLM field trial. It will include the following components:
- Questionnaire development and coding conventions
- Coding open and constructed responses
- Standardised marking
- Methods to improve rater reliability
- Assessing inter-rater reliability
Participants of this training will include the Technical Teams of the participating countries, including the Coding Coordinator and the Domain Specialists.